Leaving the country in five weeks for four months...
I sit at home most days just thinking about all of the things that I need to get done before I leave for Florence. Just thinking, 'how much do I actually need to get done today?'
I have numerous friends and family members to try and see before I no longer can (for four months at least). I have to get my hair cut (I'm sure I can get it done over there, but I'd rather have it done here, first). I have to apply for an international cell phone that the school provides, but I'm not really sure of its benefits. I'm still going to be charged and given processing fees for incoming and outgoing calls and texts, for both calls home and in Florence (I think e-mail, skype, and this blog will be my means of communicating). I need to finish my Hep A shot that I started before I left for Thailand. And I've got to send in my absentee ballot request form. (My first opportunity to vote for President and I'm not even in the States!)
On top of all of these important things to get done I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to pack...efficiently. It's stressing me out, just a little. Italy in the fall will be quite different than Florida in the fall. I have to pack for colder weather, which means that it's going to take up more space! Scarves, boots, coats, sweaters. Plus, books, a laptop, a blanket, and my pillow? Ahh! I should just take a Steamer and travel with a trunk. But then I would need a chaperone...
Oh what wonderful joys of traveling!
22 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment