16 July 2008

"My country is the whole world" Virginia Woolf

And why shouldn't it be?

I'm about six weeks away from doing something I have always wanted to do..and I feel like a conquistador. I am exploring my innermost dreams and passions. On my list of goals before I die are learning a second language and living abroad. I think those are two that I will be achieving while I'm away (speaking Italian day-to-day is a must and I'll be getting mail at my address). Therefore, I'm on the verge of completing two lifelong dreams..and I'm only 20 (soon-to-be 21).

Everyday I find that I have new questions for the program I'll be attending. Today it was, "Will there be microwaves?" and "Will my suitemates be Americans or foreigners?" The microwave answer was a maybe..I won't know until I arrive and see for myself and the rooming answer was again a maybe. I really don't have a preference for rooming. I just think it may be fun to have girls from all over the world living together..there's probably alot to learn and differences to work through, but we may be more similar than we think. Anyways, I won't know the answer to that one until I arrive.

No comments: